Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekends

This was a really really good weekend. And everytime I have a weekend like this, I realize that I need to balance work with fun and friends. It's so much easier to go to work tomorrow after doing something other than sit on my couch by myself all weekend. It wasn't anything special - it was just fun and busy. The weather was amazing (it is going to hit 71 tomorrow!!), a lot of my high school friends are back in town, and I'm getting closer to work friends. It makes me feel like I'm building a semi-new life for myself mostly filled with people who I already know and love and trust. Since I'm really not in to change - it's pretty great for me.

My schedule this weekend:

Friday- Leave work by 5:30, pick up Knoxie on bart, dinner at our favorite restaurant, both exhausted from work so we watch the season finale of Lipstick Jungle and don't feel bad at all that we're staying in

Saturday - Brunch with a family friend (although really 9am counts as breakfast, way earlier than I wanted to get up!), followed by the gym (yes you read that right, I'm totally shocked too), followed by my eyebrows getting waxed, then a nap, then I met up with my work friends and wandered around the city trying to find some place with room for all 7 of us and finally settled on a really random and meidocre mexican place. After which we went to a bar I really like where I taught D big face litte face (see below pictures).

Sunday - forgot to set my alarm clock so I didn't get up for step class (so exicted my gym offers it though!), breakfast at home followed by coffee with two high school friends, went to see one friend's new puppy, met up with knoxie to see bride wars, a second gym trip (yay for me!), dinner with my family & friend Lisa where I ate a huge dessert that totally negated my gym trip, and then two hours of sunday night tv.

Basically my perfect weekend. Can't wait to wear a dress to work together and enjoy looking at the window at the sun when I walk from my cube to the printer!

1 comment:

L said...

wow, BIG snaps for all the gym-ing! what a wonderful weekend! also, love big face little face, as usual. one of my favorite s-isms...