Saturday, January 3, 2009

Old music and trying to find dinner in H-town

Hi all, sorry for missing on tuesday.  I was traveling and once I arrived in D's house I didn't find the moment to check in.  So I am writing now.

Firstly I hope you all had a lovely new years, maybe not as good as A's, hope you recovered.  You post was quite nice until you got to the throwing up part. I never have such hopeful refections.  A year has passed and I can't figure out what I have learned although I know I have learned a lot.  All I know for sure is my body has aged at least 10 years in this one year. I felt it before when everything hurt and I thought I just needed a break.  But yesterday night, or rather this morning at 5 am I decided it was too dark out to walk home after working, but I needed sleep so I grouped 4 chairs together and used 3 scarves and sweater as a pillow.  I have napped like that at the studio before, but only for a half hour.  Well 8am rolled around and I woke up to pains in EVERY part of my body.  And a solid half of my body had fallen asleep.  To the point where it restricted my walking.  And i was so tired and sleepy and if you have ever seen me in sleep it isn't a pretty picture and I am incoherent. So just imagine a hurting, half alseep, incoherent person at 8am.  I ran home and sleep there for 3 more hours.  

But now I am still in major pain.  it feels like I just ran a marathon or something, yet all I did was sleep in the studio.  That is why I think I am 45.  

So i had gone home to nap but then Jeff called me and 15 minutes after I got into bed I got out of bed, and went back to the studio.  That experience taught me to just run home and sleep in my bed, chairs give you serious problems.  The woodshop guy told me to just go into the woodshop office, lock the door and curl up under the table on the carpet. Lets hope I don't try that out tonight.

after some work and breaking a few sawblades I decided it was dinner time.  So I decided to go to Yama which just opened.  I thought it was going to be empty b/c it just opened.  Very wrong.  I have never seen so many people in a restaurant outside of NY. It was crazy.  So then I went to Mollys, a usual in my life.  They all think I am a weird loner who probably leads a virtual life on the internet b/c I always take my computer with me to meals, then proceed to type while I eat. but I don't mind.  good food, large table for typing and sketching, all the things I would ever need in life.  But they too were so very packed.  Then I realized it was 7 on a Saturday night, and all humans use this time to socialize with other humans, not electronic devices.  So I staggered into Boloco where I was relegated to eat.  

I had a sufficient dinner and am headed back to work in a second, but not before I share my new interested in music made before 2005.  I have decided I need to listen to music made only 2005.  This started as D and I were in the car going back to Boston and in one of our many radio surfs cam across this old wonderful song.  Now here is the problem, I can't remember the song! Yet I sang the entire thing to D when we couldn't find it on the radio after an accidental station change.  So I have been hung up on this song for 2 days.  And instead started searching for oldish music. 80-90-early 2000's.  I haven't found that song yet, but I found this one.  Hope you all enjoy. It is just so good!






2 comments:

L said...

oh! what a wonderful song, i had completely forgotten about that one and now can't get it out of my head. j please PLEASE keep posting the pre-2005 songs!

and i can't believe you slept in the studio, kudos and snaps and just a big WOW, i'm so impressed with your work ethic j.

D said...

quit sleepin n the GD studio. you're going to be a cripple and its not worth it.
i love the song, its permanently in my head now too. wish i could remember what song that was we listened to but wish more i could remember the way you sounded singing it start to finish while i searched frantically for it :)