Sunday, January 25, 2009

6 month anniversary

So this past wednesday was officially my 6 month work anniversary. I can't believe it's gone by so quickly! The past two weeks have by far been the hardest and most frustrating past two weeks of work. We were doing some strategy work and I just couldn't seem to get anything right which was driving both me and my manager slightly insane. I definitely never thought that 6 months in I'd still be struggling so much. I was hoping that I'd feel more confident and capable when I hit my six month anniversary. Now, especially with this economy, I feel like I need to prove myself really quickly. The only thing that makes me feel better is that at least a couple of the other undergrads who started with me feel the same way. I have another similar project this week and I am really really hoping that it's going to go better. I can't go through another week like the last two.

The only good part of it was that I was working every night so I didn't get to watch any tv. That mean that this weekend I had sooo much to catch up on! Amazing! And who else is so excited about the joint grey's and private practice in two weeks? I can't wait! The other great thing is the undergrads and I had a dinner party/ game night at my house to celebrate our 6 months. The night really drove home for me how much I like the undergrads. We're a random group, but I'm so happy that I met them and that we get along so well. Now the tricky question becomes - do I try to merge them with my friends from home? Tyler comes back in a week (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I'm not sure if I want any of them to meet him. Mixing friends is so complicated. I guess we'll see
what happens!

Oh and D - I bought that book you were talking about in your previous post. I haven't started yet, but I really hope it is going to provide me tons of guidence in my post-college life. There are definitely days/weeks where I feel like I really need it!

Hope you're all doing well and I'm sorry I missed posting last week! I'll try not to let it happen again

2 comments:

D said...

oh i'm so glad you did! Push through, the intro is dry but ti gets better and better and especially great in the relationships and job choices sections. its just wise. and comforting. and has great quotes.

goodluck this week at work.

L said...

good luck with work S, i'm sure it will get better and better

and yay for dinner party/game night! that's so great (as is tyler's coming back!)