Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I can see a life at the end of the tunnel

Hi all, hope you are doing well. I am in a good mood. For the first time in months I am not freaking out. Which is strange since my application is due on tuesday. Yup tuesday and I am so close to being done I can taste it. Today I did sample printings and discovered that matte eggshell colored paper is the kind I will use and there are some formatting issue and I could still use some more interesting titles but all that relative to the big picture is small. A few more views over the book and it will be done. Which is probably the most exciting thing in the world.

I see a light at the end of the tunnel, and that light is illuminating a Hockey rink. That's right Me, of all people have joined an IM woman's icy hockey team. and I have signed up for a letter press class on making books and am determined to see slumdog millionaires by the weeks end. I am so excited about the life I am so close to having. One that allows for grocery shopping, cooking, trips to the ceramics studio (to make kick a** zebra printed tea cups) and mornings where I don't have to dread getting out of bed because of all the work I have to do. I will still have tons of work but not the crazy stress of this past term. I also might get to make a piece of jewelry, whoa I know, haven't done that in months. It is just very exciting. I am even enjoying work more b/c I am not freaking out about needing to get done and down to the studio.

And I just eat far too much and now am going to roll myself back to the studio to do some work on the binding. I will try to post later with something funny or at the very least another amazing song pre 2005. Oh Oh and I actually got my hair cut yesterday by a person who cuts hair for a living. not me in my bathroom or me in the studio or someone in the studio. It doesn't really look that different, just the way I like it. But it is 6-7 inches shorter. But you can't really tell. That is how disgustingly long my hair was. I am on my way back to civilization!

2 comments:

A said...

You can do it J!!!

L said...

WOOO! J that's so exciting!
make like a nail and press on until tuesday!

also, i think PICTURES are a must for the ice hockey venture