Thursday, January 22, 2009

Karma and Aging


There is a part of me that seriously believes in the karma of the universe or at least some sort of ultimate balance. Now that is not necessarily a statement of praise, it seems to go both ways... when things are crappy something turns up as a bright spot or eventually something turns around for the good, however, it also follows then when things are going your way something will self-destruct. Although not the authority on life, there was an apt quote from the movie Bridgette Jones' Diary that went along the lines of as soon as something is going great in your life something else falls apart. There are moments that seem all dark and others that seem all light, but for better or worse they aren't lasting states. I don't know, just something I've been contemplating and apparently rambling about, but hey isn't that what blogs are for?

Also, there has been some talk of the premature aging of this group. We have some bodily aging and aging of the mind. I would say my premature aging affects my attitude. I am a premature curmudgeon. I already don't understand newfangled technology, often unconsciously shake my head at young whipper-snappers and the other day i found myself making a remark out loud about how much the price of latte drinks has gone up that was eerily reminiscent of a "back in my day" statement. The reasons keep piling up for me to just start building my cat army now and looking at retirement homes for accommodation.

No comments: