Monday, January 5, 2009

skating down chestnut hill avenue into a tree, baring my ass in the office and lying about my age

all three have occurred today and its not even lunch time yet.

the sidewalks of chestnut hill ave are like frickin ice luges but being me, i thought i was slicker than ice and picked up a cautious little jog (toned down from my normal SPRINT to the T) which gave me just enough momentum to not be able to stop when i hit the down slope and litterally slid, arms flailing, for about thirty feet until i hit the side of a snow bank and went face first into a tree.

thirty minutes later i arrived at the office, bleeding from the forehead and knees, which everyone found hilarious, and had so much work to do that i only dealt with the face not the knees. UNTIL three hours later, while on a call, i realized my tights were stuck to my wounds and since i couldnt get off the call and go to the bathroom I decided it was safe to stand up with my headset on and whip down my tights in my cube so i could at least examine the damage...which is exaCtly when coworker V chose to pop her head into my cube.

she was actually ON the GROUND laughing. she called my boss, T, on her day off. at home. to tell her.

and the boss said "shes probably having a flashback to college." (if only she knew) and then goes "shes only 22 after all." and for some reason, probably my desperate desire to have a long youth ahead of me in which i can act a lot younger than this job (normally) allows me to, I didnt correct her error to my age, afterall they dont know i took a year off, and that means that im officially 22 to this entire office.

frankly im surprised im holding this job down at all.

No comments: