Sunday, December 28, 2008

Last post of 2008!

First, Let me apologize for forgetting to post last weekend. I realized that I had missed in on Monday, but with the holidays and such I decided to just wait until the next Sunday.

Second, I'm starting to have my first mild panic over working a 9 to 5. Many of my friends are still in school, don't have jobs, or are doing something other than a desk job so most of them are having Christmas break right now. I get christmas day, the day after christmas, and new years day off. That's it! Otherwise I'm just going to work like normal. No real break! It's really starting to freak me out. When do I relax? At least at school when a quarter was over it was really over, now there is always something hanging over my head that I should be working on. Not that I'm doing much work on the weekends, but I know I probably should be. Especially since pretty much all I've done the past couple of days is watch the Office and eat frozen pizzas......I've seen my friends at night, but my days have been really really quiet. I keep trying to talk myself into being relaxed. I can't figure out whether I'll feel more relaxed laying around doing nothing or being out and about seeing people. I also don't really have anything to do, I could go to the gym but I'm not that motivated, so besides driving to Starbucks I don't have any ways to entertain myself. Also, C is having a "reorg" in January which is really freaking me out. What if it includes lay offs? What if I am laid off? I really like my job and I really don't want to have to find another one.....I'm exhausted just thinking about it! I think I should get myself out of my house....

Third, On a happier note - last Tuesday was my cocktail party! Amazing as always! I know I just post picutres from facebook - but these have added captions, any maybe you're not on facebook all the time I like I am so you haven't seen my pictures.

Happy Holidays!My high school friends! I won't bother listing names, but let's just say it's at least a quarter of my class. And two of the most important ones aren't even there!
There were two Dartmouth people at the party Nat (not pictured) and one other. Can you spot him? It's like where's Waldo! he he


This is the Clorox group that was there. My friend D was in Aspen so he couldn't make it, but most other people came. We're all holding my product!

1 comment:

D said...

S i really hear you with the panic that sets in realizing there is no full-stop/restart-fresh button in your life. its not so much the days off i miss but the idea of ending one thing and moving on to the next. work is a constant flow of to dos and its exhausting in a way that cant be cured by either sitting in one place for the 48 hours of the weekend OR running around with friends.
"reorg"... is that the word C's using? BM's using "reassess"... both equally vague and obnoxious and fueling insane rumors in the office.
it all feels like office space to me.