Saturday, December 27, 2008

Fruitcake Update

I wasn't sure whether to write this as part of the comment thread where the question was asked or if it should just be a new post. I decided on new post since I'm not sure how often people go back to see if comments have been updated (more often than not I don't).

The fruitcake came out unmistakably as a fruitcake! Success! A product most likely to last through nuclear fall-out, filled with dried fruits and nuts, and upholding all those other fruitcake stereotypes.

Though for next year, my Dad suggested I add more butter (the two loaves already used two sticks of butter) or oil to make it moister/lighter. And I need to soak with more and for longer in brandy, to force the moistness (and wobbly knees) into it.

The recipe I followed.

2 comments:

L said...

oh craig! i have the BEST receipie for rum cake!

get excited

D said...

this is great! and good call on creating a new post, i really wanted this update.