Friday, December 12, 2008

Hello Out There!

Sorry for the late posting. Verizon stuck it to me again. This time it was the big one, the wireless router died. I did however have a very pleasent conversation with my customer service representative and a new router will be here on tuesday (how an "overnight" shipment will take 4 days im not sure, holidays i suppose). I am currently coming to you via dial-up connection. My lovely mother, who balks at any change in internet technology, is still a regular AOL user and now I am eating crow for all the ribbing I have given her about it as I am reduced to it being the only reliable option for me. The search for local alternative (free wifi/internet) begins. Until then consider me "internet challenged"

Two notable moments from the past few days:
the "Lost Parents Inquire Here for Children" sign in front of Disney's "city hall." My mother and I went to the "Happiest Place On Earth" the other day, which obviously isn't all that happy for some people. (the picture of my mother's face on Space mountain: priceless)
I am getting better at having blood drawn, which used to completely freak me out, it feels like a big step

Okay, now I have to go so that our phone line is freed up

1 comment:

D said...

i'm wondering about the possible connection between those two peices of news. syringes and the happiest place on earth. puts a whole new spin on things.