Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holiday Parties!

So this week was definitely the launch of Holiday party season. It started with my very first corporate holiday party on Wednesday. All I can say is AMAZING! I was so excited for this party. A couple of years ago Alex had a summer job in HR and had worked on planning a holiday party and so I knew all the time and work that goes into these affairs. Moreover, through classic movies like Love Actually (which I of course watched to prep myself), I knew the kind of drama that could go down. Sadly, we didn't have any crazy stories or totally wasted coworkers, but it was still pretty great. Two of our directors were breaking it down on the dance floor and so pretty much all of my coworkers joined them. It was so funny to see all of these men in their late 30s to early 50s, who are so professional work, really enjoying a night without their wives and children. At the end of the night one of the VPs invited everyone out to another bar, but I decided it was a good time to slip out and head home. I'm already excited for next year!

The second holiday party this week was my friend Danny's ugly sweater holiday party. I decided to bring Daniel, my best friend from work. Huge decision since my friends don't love outsiders - but it ended up going alright. The party was thrown by three roommates, and since I'm only friends with one of them there were a lot of people there who I didn't know. I don't love parties with people I don't know, but I was pretty proud of my ugly sweater and I had enough friends there to introduce Daniel too that all in all it was a really good night. It reminded me though how much I need to find an apartment and move into the city. I mean I had to text my parents during the party to let them know if I was sleeping out or not...this needs to stop.... Oh and the other thing I found out at the party - MC Hammer went to Danny's corporate holiday party - I'm so jealous!! ha ha.....

This coming week is our mother daughter tea party (Friday day), Daniel's holiday party (Friday night), and then one week from Tuesday is my cocktail party! I love holiday season! I would also love any present suggestions - my mom keeps bugging me and I can't figure out what to ask for...

L I promise I'm calling really soon. Hopefully tomorrow. Sorry I'm such a failure at keeping in touch!

2 comments:

L said...

whenever i think of holiday parties i always imagine that scene in bridget jones where she is drunkenly doing kareoke...and (of course!) love actually

i do love this season!

and s, we NEED to see pictures of your ugly holiday sweater!

Craig said...

Hahaha, in case anyone's lacking

http://www.uglysweaterstore.com/index.html