Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I love this house

Hi guys,

I am so lucky to say that I am laying on D and L's livingroom floor after eating a geriatric approved dinner and this place is so wonderful.  I am so jealous of this home.  I am going to spend as much time as I can in this city and in this house and with these wonderful people.  I think about how far I am from having my own little piece of heaven and I can only hope that my welcome will not be outstayed as I visit this place every weekend, like every weekend.

As we approached D's house I kept asking if the following house was hers, saying it was a real live adult house, and she said house, not actually adult house.  But I must beg to differ.  There has never been a more adult home I have met, not b/c it is stuffy or filled with adult things, but rather because it is filled with lots of love.  And I think we all kinda look at our lives as just extensions of our college or even some (me for example) and extension of our teenage years.  But as a young 22 I can very much say that we are adults and are doing very important things.  I realized that I decided to come to boston before I went to NY without any consultation with my mother.  That might not seem like much to most of you out there, but it is a big deal in my life.  And the realization that I make most of my decisions whether they be what to eat or where to go or what to do without asking my parents is sorta a big deal. 

And walking into this lovely home that is very much an adult home has made me realize how happy I am even if I am living in h-town and scoring monkey like grades on the gre or eating donuts for dinner b/c I realized that was the only thing I had in my home. 

Daisy said over dinner which consisted of all liquified veggies that we have come a long way since we met our freshman fall.  I eat bran cereal and local organic granola, we have jobs, we live not with the parents and we basically could never have imagined this is where we would be 4 years after we met on that faithful day during trips. Then after we spoke for a little longer I asked if in 45 years we would be having this very same liquified meal together at some table in some city, and she said yes but probably out of a straw.  I don't know how I feel about the straw, but I hope we are still having meals together, and I guess in the best world the table would have a few more chairs and a few more friends around it. 

Kitty is asleep on my back as I write, but it is late and I need to do a little research about my adventure alone in boston tomorrow morning which will consist of going to the museum and getting a cordless drill.  Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the day or night wherever you are.

love,
J

2 comments:

D said...

update: woke up and left J in bed with kitty tucked under her arm.
its a little hard not to pounce on them in a cuddle attack.
but i will let her sleep because as much love as there was in this post, girl does NOT like to be rudely awakened.
now if all of you dont get your asses over here after that (completely unsolicited) glowing report, youre silly.

L said...

yes yes yes indeed! everyone come and visit (starting a week from now when i will be there!)