Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hap T-Gives (as Tyler would say)

I know it's not Sunday for the rest of you - but I'm definitely still posting on my day California time. Right now I'm pretty excited that this is going to be a short week and then a holiday! As anyone who visited the glorious 22B apartment around holiday season will remember - I really love the holidays (and all the decorations that come with them). Everyone arrives home Wednesday night and we're having a big night out in the city. There seems to be a desire to have a theme, so I am pushing for "classy theme" - also known as S would rather wear a fancy cocktail dress than any of the other costumes suggested. Surprise Surprise. Also I will be dying my hair auburn on Wednesday (picture to come next week!) and as long as my hair is all blown dry and pretty, I want to wear an outfit to match. No word yet on whether everyone else will go along with my theme... And then it's down to Pebble Beach with the family, God Bob, and his girlfriend. I'm really looking forward to some pie baking!

I think half of why this holiday is so exciting to me is that I've started to get bored out of my mind. And I don't really know why. I'm busy all day and I've had some sort of activity every weekend - but there is something about still living at home that makes me feel like I'm not growing up at all. Pictures of a couple of my friends living in SF popped up on facebook tonight and I realized that I haven't made it out for a night in the city for weeks. I also talked to Tyler and Alex this weekend - Tyler is busy getting blackout and visiting his brother in yurts and Alex is going to parties at Arab prince's houses and getting in fights with cab drivers. I definitely felt like I didn't have my fair share of crazy stories to share (except for the crazy woman at the Usher concert who basically started stripping....). Anyhow, I don't mean to complain, I really don't have anything to complain about - this is just my way of saying that I am really really ready and excited for this week!

Happy Holidays!

5 comments:

L said...

happy thanksgiving s!...i do remember how much you love your holidays
and yes, i know EXACTLY what you mean with the living at home thing, its feels like a weird version of high school...but it sounds like you have an exciting weds. night planned--def. send pics of the new hair color!

J said...

Can you please go into some details about the stripper, I mean I understand when the artist strips b/c well he is the one getting paid, but the audience members stripping, thats another story

L said...

also, it took me like 15 minutes to figure out what the title of your post meant...

Sarah Herringer said...

Ha ha I'm so well versed in Tylerish that I never thought twice about anyone not understanding Hap T-Gives....

And I will definitely post about the stripping lady soon!

D said...

yeah. i actually read it earlier today and have been thinking about it all day and um, JUST came up with it. its slow over here in D-town.