Thursday, November 6, 2008

101.9 The Mix

This is my local radio station of choice. It's basically the only thing I listen to for music. And you can't beat the morning chatter of Eric and Kathy.

Aside: Since all this news coverage that I've immersed myself in these past weeks, especially the past few days, I'm going to pick up listening to NPR if I can. It just seems like a right fit instead of rotting my eyes in front of the TV. And I even listened to a few past shows of This American Life during the day today.

But today, from 11am-5pm, I had 101.9 on the entire time. My friend Kevin alerted me to a cash prize they were running today: once an hour, a Pink song will play and caller 10 will win $2000. A pretty simple promotion.

And knowing that I don't do anything productive or particularly useful, he recruited me in his efforts to win and if we did, we'd split the money. I recognized all the songs and had the land line and cell phone to do double-duty, but sadly we didn't win the money.

Which would've been nice since I learned that the GRE costs $140, what a scam.

And will be the focus of my efforts beginning tomorrow and drafting a statement of purpose, which needs to get done by the end of the weekend so I can send the draft along to recommenders.

Purpose!

3 comments:

L said...

woohoo purpose!

snaps craig, snaps!

D said...

i personally enjoy love 99.9s evening DJ, Delilah. she matches music to your message of love.

J said...

GREs suck, they cost a lot and they make you feel like an idiot, and for us art people I don't understand why we need them. I hope that radio promotion goes on, i have a good feeling about you winning money for recognizing a Pink song.