Monday, November 3, 2008

Drowning.

I am drowning in election coverage. It's taken over my life. I had all intentions of going out today, seeking a part-time job and then taking advantage of mid 60 degrees and sun to go for a run. What did I do instead? Made copious amounts of tea, continually re-cinched the belt on my robe and flipped between MSNBC and CNN while reading coverage on my computer. And it's now 9pm. The most major thing I have done today is relocate from the kitchen to the family room.

I've even begun to see how the rest of the world is viewing us. Looking at the BBC, the Times, Der Spiegel. What is going on? But that's a result of a great essay I read last night in the Times written by Andrew Sullivan. Hands down the best thing that I've read so far. And it saddens me a bit that something of that quality would never get published in an American paper. Have you ever seen the word misecegenated published in an American paper in all the coverage we've had of Obama? Because I just googled it and nothing came up save for Sullivan's essay.

Thankfully, I'm watching election coverage tomorrow night with a friend. Woo for actual friends instead of the fake ones I've made of Rachel, Chris, Wolf, and Andrea.

I'm very much looking forward to voting tomorrow.

And in my scouring of all sorts of media these past few days, I found this gem. Well, it's not really a gem or even worth watching the entirety of it, I just think the concept of it is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25jhBVaiQw0

(because i have no idea how to post from youtube)

2 comments:

D said...

craig- brilliant article. thank you.
as for imbedding youtubes, you go to the right of the vid on the youtube page and copy the imbed link and paste it into the html version of the post as youre creating it.
voting is fabulous.

L said...

yes, wonderful article. and molto bene on the clip craig!