Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Swings

First - I've decided Sunday is a particularly moody day for me. I'm either thrilled because I've just finished a wonderful weekend or I'm totally stressed and upset because I didn't get the relaxation I needed in the past 48 hours. So just an FYI - don't necessarily take my posts as a representation of my state of mind.

Second - This was a good weekend. I went down to Santa Cruz with my friend D from work to celebrate one of his high school friend's birthday. The weather was amazing, I got very slightly sun burned from 3 hours of laying out on the beach, we went wine tasting, ate good food, and I realized that I've made a really good friend. The birthday party was a house party and it made me wish that Dartmouth didn't have frats or at least the frats were less dirty and the boys more friendly. Santa Cruz is one of those weird places where everyone smiles and waves to strangers and 50% of the residents are hippies. Anyhow after the house party I found out that this guy I had been talking to asked D if I was single. Not a big deal obviously, and nothing happened, but it's always nice you know? That kind of warm satisfying feeling knowing that someone who was interesting and fun was somewhat curious about you. I feel like I've totally gotten out of the dating loop. We're not in middle school any more (how did that happen?!) and it's like I don't know how relationships start and whenever I get close to something happening I get all panicky. But this weekend was relaxed and I actually had fun talking to a couple of guys and it made me feel like maybe it's not quite so scary. Anyhow I wish I had realized this much longer before valentines day (let alone like 4 years ago), but it was still a nice weekend. I'll post pictures of the beach next week once they're downloaded.

2 comments:

D said...

so true. L and I were just talking about how the hell one meets someone in this post-college world if one is not somuch interested in the endless bar scene. not to mention the fact that the winners arent usually found at a bar... anyway, so true.

L said...

just as D said, i know EXACTLY what you mean! so weird not to have a built in large network of people around you every day

on another note, SO jealous you were at the beach and that you were, what is it called? "sunburned" not sure if we remember this so-called "sun" here in boston