Monday, February 23, 2009

Mustard Flowers, Mistakes, and Money

So I haven't fallen into a ditch somewhere, I've just become really f0rgetful. Last weekend was a three day weekend, and those always screw up my day of the week counting, so I missed Sunday. Yesterday I guess I was just really tired and busy watching the Academy Awards, but I know that's not much of an excuse.

Anyhow here's what I've been up to:

1. I got an apartment! I officially received the keys to my new apartment in the city on Friday and tomorrow I am going to meet my neighbors in the 6 unit apartment building. It's beautiful - brand new kitchen with viking appliances, a big tub in my bathroom, high ceilings, working fireplace, and plenty of room for Knoxie to move in! I probably won't move in until April - but once I'm in you'll all always have a place to crash!

2. This weekend I had a group of friends up to Napa since Tyler is in town. Sepi came up from LA, Oliver came from NYC, and everyone in the Bay Area came as well. It was pretty great as always, despite the rain. Tyler drove me lisa and knoxie up (the car ride is often my favorite part of the weekend) and on the way we passed all of these amazing fields of mustard flowers. we finally stopped the car and went to play. See below picture!

3. There were a couple mistakes made in Napa. First I was sitting at a table with a bunch of people (including Ty) trying to tell the story of how I fell in love with Jarron in 5th grade while he was eating ice cubes. I was a little tipsy and ended up accidentally saying I fell in love with Ty in 5th grade. Tyler instantly looked very uncomfortable, I turned bright read, and Lisa shouted Freudian Slip! thanks lisie.... anyhow Ty seemed to get over it pretty quickly thank god. It was a total accident! And normally would not have been a big deal, except everyone knows I had a crush on him.

4. I've decided that marketing may not work out for me. I don't know if I just don't have a good enough foundation yet and I really need business school, or maybe it just doesn't match with my personality. Or maybe I just need more time until I'll start being good at it. But right now I'm not performing all that well which basically means it's not all that much fun. This led me to thinking about switching career paths and I settled on high school principal. However, then I googled principal salary. Let's just say the average salary is what I'm making right now. And that's for a principal! Assistant principals make less. I don't want to be the kind of person who bases my life off of doing things that make money instead of things that I love, but it's hard to image taking such a steep pay cut. And things like clothes, and travel, and fancy dinners, and giving presents - all cost money. And I love those things. I'm going to have to keep thinking about this one.


2 comments:

Craig said...

Sounds like you can get your cook on.

L said...

woohoo! congrats on the new apartment, that's huge!

also, i definitely want more detail on this napa weekend...
:)