Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Prof Stalking, birthday cakes and primetime seats in Canoe

Hi ladies
So yesterday was my birthday, I am officially old.  I am 22.  No longer good old 21, the extension of the teen years in the twenties, but rather 22 as in almost at mid twenties, as in Adult. I had been dreading this day for the past 2 weeks, looking forward to the 14th more than the 13th b/c by the 14th the aging day would be over and I would have to just go into acceptance more than dwelling mode.  
And since I really don't have any friends here except a handful of people and Jeff I figured I would spend the day like any other but buy myself all of the food I wanted, because well sadness can always be drowned in a large piece of cake and pizza.  
All us Old School Alums remember when the Ben & Jerry's building just housed Ben & Jerry's along with the remnants of a Subway past.  Alas no longer, instead now they house Gusanos, and until yesterday I ignored all voices inside screaming for Mexican Food.  But I finally got paid and it was my goddamn birthday, and on my birthday I eat cake, pizza and mexican food.  So I went there for lunch and my birthday started to turn around.  So most of my food was bad, but 1 things was great, the tamal.  And they were playing the music of my Mexican Lover; Luis Miguel.  I was starting to have a good birthday.  Then I made some kickass work for my portfolio, in short I have created the blingiest crayons possible.  Images soon to follow. Then Jeff and I went out to dinner between shifts and went out for drinks after work at 9pm.  And He made my birthday.  It is amazing how nice and honest he is, and how much he really does have my best interests at heart.  We stayed in Canoe Club for 3 hours seated at the high profile two person table at the window.  The table every person on the street can see. Yup it looked like Jeff and I were on a big date, but I don't care b/c it was great.  
Then today I was working at the Hop offices until 4:20 when I got an e-mail from Jeff saying the prof I have been stalking and subsequently being ignored by was in the woodshop.  Yes I have been e-mailing a Prof and getting nothing in return.  I almost gave up all hope until Jeff told me I needed to make kickass work and corner him in his office. My plan until 4:20 today when i ran from my desk to the woodshop and chatted with Dudley until this Prof couldn't help but recognize my face and wave at me. Then Jeff proceeded to kick me out of the woodshop office and tell me to go to the j-shop b/c we were having birthday cake and he was going to invite this prof to have my birthday cake.  Another moment where we love Jeff.  He managed to get us in the same room and celebrating my birthday nonetheless. 
I blow out the candles and I look up and the Prof is gone! So I mutter to myself damn I need to cut some cake and run it over to the woodshop and try to convince this man not to hate me with birthday cake.  And i cut 3 pieces, two for the woodshop guys and 1 for my prof, and I get in the woodshop and he is gone.  I mutter to myself again and realize that chocolate cake can't even make this man want to talk to me so nothing will ever do it.  And I proceed to bitch to Jeff then shove his piece of cake in my mouth as I talk to Dudley and by Miracle he comes back.  My Prof comes back, and gives me a hug.  We ignore the fact that he ignored me and I even got him to offer to help a little.  I haven't gone in for the recommendation yet, I need to show him more great work, but I haven't given up hope yet.  Communication has started and that is all that matters. 
So I consider myself to be pretty lucky, and pretty lucky to have Jeff in my life b/c if not I would probably have gone around yesterday with no birthday cake and having no leads with my Prof.  
And I am super excited this week because I am having company.  Mainly from you guys and Craig our most active reader. Hey Craig! He is staying with me tomorrow and the following day, then I get Lily and Daisy, Woot!  I am not going to lie if I weren't me I would be pretty jealous of me right now.  except not jealous of the Prof Stalking, that could lead down a bad road involving H-po and restraining orders, but for sure jealous of the company. 
Can't wait to have the whole crew writing again!

3 comments:

Craig said...

Monique and I dropped by the "j-studio" earlier today to see if you were there and say hello and belated wishes, but sadly you were not.

Until tomorrow!

L said...

i want to see pics of the crayons!

can't wait to see you!

D said...

re those crayons: only you, j.
and i AM SO EXCITE TO BE BACK AND TO SEE SOME OF YOU BEAUTIFUL GIRLS! AND CRAIG. :)