Monday, October 6, 2008

I Honor No One

I have decided that Lily and I are the only one's who take this blog thing seriously.  We don't leave our homes, we don't go off to strange new lands, we aren't vagabonds like the rest of these Jezabells.  Instead we fall alseep at 5 pm on our inflatable bed with our shoes on and dangling off the side.  And when I say we, I mean I.  
I came home today and started studying for the GRE and at 3 got a little distracted b/c when in my previous life (a la 4 weeks ago) 3pm arrived that started a 2 hour long massive shut down.  3pm is General Hospital Time for those of you out there who aren't in the known, and that means all communication and contact with those around you must halt. Now you might say "Jennifer I understand you take your soaps really seriously (J: Interjects "my soap, singular"), Soap seriously, but why the 2 hours, don't tell me you need to reflect."  No, reflection happens automatically, the second hour is for another lady I like to call Oprah.  Yes just like there is a special place in my heart for the Martha, on the other side of my heart is the Oprah. 
So today was just particularly difficult since i made it past my 3 pm hump, but once 4 pm rolled around I couldn't hold it together anymore.  I snapped, I haven't seen Oprah and GH in so long.  I couldn't just casually sit in front of my computer filling in the blanks in sentences or trying to remember math.  I cracked.  And so I made chicken and potatos. If I couldn't be one with all the housewives of the world taking a 2 hour break in the day I was going to act like them and cook at 4 pm. 
Then after I cooked and cleaned (and did my laundry) I fell alseep on my bed.  Half pity party for myself half I just wanted a nap.  And you know what, 2 hours later I felt great.  So ladies Take a moment to do the housewife thing for yourself, then nap it out.  I feel like I can attack the world, after my pasta finishes cooking. 

And as for my vagabonds, enjoy the sites and have a fantastic time, and please don't fall asleep half on your beds, unless there is a damn good story attached. 

And in honor of D who is off being a vagabond, he is a CNN clip of the importance of SNL in politics.  I think she would agree, and anytime Tiny Fey plays Sarah Palin I laugh heartily.  And Obama is up 8 Points, woot!


2 comments:

L said...

YES J!

yes!

and i support the mid-day housewife nap/break

and the video clip
SNAPS

D said...

love this.
and approve of the video in my honor, thank you j.