Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Waiting, eating and traveling

Hey all

Sorry I missed last week.  I was so caught up on thinking I would find out any day about school that many things fell through the cracks, one being the posting.  Sorry.  
So it is now a week later and I still do not know.  I am in bostons south station terminal waiting for my bus so I can get to New York just so I can leave for Venice tomorrow at 5:30.  In less then 24 hours I need to get to NY, eat, (hopefully a few times) sleep, buy jeans b/c I actually only have 1 non broken pair, and move myself from my sisters apartment to my house in queens.  Doesn't seem like a lot, but it surely is.  
It is strange to be going on vacation knowing that at some point this week a letter will arrive in my mail box, but I guess I will just have to deal.  My coping routine will hopefully involve lots of interesting things, people and places I can't even imagine right now. 
Just got on this Bolt Bus that is brand new, black leather interior, wireless, plugs at every seat.  Highly recommend it for anyone- yes that is a serious side note.
Ok so back to what J has learned. Just like D's previous post we need to take happiness into our own hands.  And nothing is actually the end of the world, no matter how bad it might seem.  And give people a real chance.  I met someone pretty special, he is great, interested in me, a nice guy, no flashing signs for me to run in the other direction and today I almost freaked out at him because he was grumpy.  I actually almost wrote him off because for a matter of an hour he wasn't at his best.  He hadn't slept, he had to go to work there were lots of things going on and i internally freaked out. I kinda cut our breakfast short and may or may not have given him the wrong idea.  Mainly because I had the wrong idea.  I forgot that people have off days, and we can't always be happy and chipper and not grumpy and be perfect.  If he and I date more which i hope we do i bet he will be grumpy again, and I can surely bet I will be even more grumpy than he was this morning.  And i will have to deal with it.  I forgot what effort it takes to make a new friend let alone a new special friend.  And thankfully I have friends who tell me when I have smoked too much crack and need to cut other people and myself a break. 

No comments: