Monday, March 9, 2009

Just refer to me as a mountain woman

hey ho all

I spent the last week up in the mountains, Mammoth mountain to be exact. This appears to be the season for skiing for me and i really do love it. I snowed heavily the first few days we were up there (with my mother, why don't i have friends that ski?) then we had three glorious days of sun and 2 feet of fresh powder, which is much harder to ski in although also much better at the same time. Every day I ski i get better, almost back to where I left off pre-college, but not quite. When my mom and I went down a black diamond by accident in ungroomed powder the foremost thought in my head was "don't die, don't die, just get down the mountain without dying" and i didn't die! yay! so after making it down, i was quite proud of my achievement and had my adventure quota filled. Also while trying to ski amoung the weekend crowds i realize how much i dislike crowds of people, especially young, stupid and inconsiderate crowds. I embrace that i am a curmudgeon. overall it was a very nice time and i hope to get up one more time while the skiing is still good.

a little hello from the mountain top

2 comments:

D said...

that is a very ornate ski jacket, nugget.

L said...

SNAPS to the skiing a!

also BIG SNAPS to being a ski-curmudgeon

i completely support it