Thursday, September 18, 2008

Of Family Functions, Ponytailed Greeks and Packing

Well, ladies, i had lots of thoughts earlier about how to begin this bloggarific adventure in a funny/smart/sassy kind of way (Think maybe a blond Tina Fey? Ps have you seen her Palin impression yet? google it. for realsies.).
All of those thrilling ideas are now out the window however because
I. am. a tad. drunk.

And not in the "woo I had a few shots, I'm going to dance on my rof and write crazy blog entries" kind of way.

In the "I had too much red wine at the function I went to with my parents, and now am resisting a very strong urge to curl up and sleep like two-year-old on benadryl" kind of way.

So please excuse me if this entry is short, misspelled, mainly factual, and utterly a snooze. Can't help it. I'm practically snoozing already.

So quickly:

I move to DC Tuesday. I only made these plans this past monday, after signing a lease this past friday, and having only arrived home from recklessly snogging frenchies and greeks on the tuesday before that (hi, Adonis, if you are out there--I have to say your cigarette breath and your pushiness in bed really ruined things for me, but thanks for the free drinks).

You know that scene in monty python where the knight keeps coming toward the tower without ever getting any closer, and then suddenly arrives? That's my summer, and my current frantic state of packing. The good thing about parents who keep remarrying is there's a lot of excess furniture stored all over the place--you just have to ask/reclaim it.

Ok, seriously falling asleep now. I leave you with this: me driving a 17ft uHAUL for 12 hours on Tuesday:

3 comments:

L said...

i fear that your "drunk" entry will be more eloquent than my sober, post-yoga "enlightened" entry tomorrow....sigh

D said...

i am chuckling to think of j.e behind the wheel of a u-haul. or of adonis, for that matter.
and good image with the monty python reference. very true i think in all of our lives right now:
suddenly, hopefully, bursting out of the depths of the muck weve been spinning our tires in for three months.

J said...

Holy Shit, i thought Lily had thursday and I couldn't figure out why on earth she would up and move to DC. I got so freaked out I called Daisy from work to get the 411, then she laughed at me. Now that I know it's Jean Ellen I feel much better and am excited about the move. Hope you recovered from your crazy night with the rents