Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hump Day!

Fun fact: Flappers had their own slang, with terms like "snugglepup" (a man who frequents petting parties) and "barney-mugging" (sex)

Snugglepup I can understand, but "barney-mugging"? I'd be curious to know that etymology.

Anyhoo,

So I'm still here at home, which has it's ups and downs (today i have to say was a bit of a down, hence the late posting, but it was talked out). For lack of a better description, I'm trying to "figure things out." That involves a lot of research and a lot sitting around not having the answers. I think I'm building up the energy and strength to make some of the decisions and do some of the things I know I need to do. I feel in the middle part, or "neutral zone," of major transition. I'm trying to redefine and reorient myself. It's an interesting dynamic to try and make a new life in an old place.

Wish I could report something a little more action oriented, but alas that is not the case in the moment. However that should be changing pretty soon, I'm going to China in a little over a week! Then after I get back I will be turning around and heading out to Cleveland (another hot destination spot) for Dan's mother's wedding (which i don't have a dress for, okay fashion oriented friends, what do you wear to a fall wedding in the midwest that is going to be outdoors? could be raining to very cold to very hot - please advise) then in November I'm going to Vegas, where I hope not to discover a gambling problem, and possibly Chicago for the American Academy of Religion annual meeting with Mom. Actually all of these planned trips are with my mother, hmm...

Okay, so more later, but until then I will leave you with a couple of songs from a local band I heard play at a bar I went to one night (one of the actual exciting things I've done)

that is if I can figure out how to upload music...

Boomp3.com

Boomp3.com

1 comment:

D said...

you wear cowboy boots and a dress? how cold are we talking?

and i cant play any of the music either. ithink we need to sort out a new way of posting. im going to investigate when i get some time. i cant even get the songs from the link to the right of the player either, can any of you?