Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy End of Easter!


I have to say that I had a very lovely holiday. I woke up early to go to mom's church with my stepfather, as one of the two times a year I attend. It was a lovely service. Then we came back home and got things ready for an Easter feast/lunch. People arrived and we visited (with mimosas). It was also a lovely day, high sixties and sunny. We ate outside around 2pm and it was perfect weather, brisk but with a warming sun. As with most of our meals celebrating Christian holidays, almost everyone in attendance was actually Jewish and celebrating passover, so in addition to the Easter ham we have turkey and a passover friendly dessert. we also had twiced baked potatoes, asparagus, salad, fruit salad. I baked the dessert! I do love baking. I made a flourless chocolate cake and carrot cake cupcakes with tangy cream cheese frosting (I also made a carrot cake in the shape of a lamb, a tradition for some). Then the younger generation (and by that I mean those of us in our 20s) played croquet in my backyard (I won! towards the end of the game, everyone else gave up trying to win and just tried to take me down). Then we went to the front yard and had an Easter egg hunt. Then everyone left except for my friend C, and the two of us decorated Easter eggs while my mom and step father watched Marley and Me. and that leads me to now. Reflecting on the absolutely lovely day I just had and wishing you were all with me to share it. Next on my list is game night.

1 comment:

D said...

this picture is ridiculous. i love how happy your day was though. xox